I had a conversation with our Catholic postman this morning. He’s optimistic about Barack Obama and thinks an Obama administration is going to get us out of our present economic troubles. I mentioned Obama’s record of socialist activism and his stance on abortion and infanticide, but this didn’t seem to concern him much. There is something about Obama that just gives him hope.
What is it about this strange man, Barack Obama? What do we know about him? A commenter over at Creative Minority Report provides an interesting checklist:
1. Occidental College records — Not released
2. Columbia College records — Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper — not available, locked down by faculty
4. Harvard College records — Not released, locked down by faculty
5. Selective Service Registration — Not released
6. Medical records — Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule — “not available”
8. Law practice client list — Not released
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate – – Not released
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth — Not released
11. Harvard Law Review articles published — None
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles — None
13. Record of baptism– Not released or “not available”
14. Illinois State Senate records–“not available”
Some are claiming that Barack Obama was not born in the United States and is therefore ineligible for the presidency. I don’t know what to make of such a claim, except to note that it is odd, to say the least, that a market for doubt exists about something which should be very easily proven.
You have probably seen a few of the creepy, cult-like, quasi-religious videos produced by Obama supporters. The “Alpha-Omega” chants were ominous enough, ascribing a biblical name for Jesus Christ to Obama himself. Now we have the bizzare “I AM Obama” campaign – “I AM Obama” signs are popping up in front yards out here – which appropriates another name for Almighty God: “I AM”. I don’t know whether these folks are being deliberately blasphemous or just stumbling into blasphemy out of ignorance.
Effusive, messianic songs of praise are being written about this man – a politican not yet out of his forties. And then there are the poems, and the portraits, and the frenzied rallies. Even more troubling is the wild popularity of Barack Obama among foreigners, particularly Mohammedans.
Honestly, I’ve never seen anything like this before. The postman suggested to me this morning that JFK inspired similar emotions in people, but was JFK’s following really so transparently religious? I try not to automatically think “antichrist” when I see images like this, but lately I haven’t been having much success. The following video, blasphemous to the hilt, is the latest evidence that the Obama phenomenon is more than an American political campaign, but is in fact emerging as a worldwide religious movement.